A Full-Service Design Agency
We develop bold brands that elevate our clients’ unique differentiators, positioning them to reach new heights in the marketplace.
Market leaders in every industry have one thing in common: a clearly defined and well-executed brand. In addition to attracting ideal clients and top talent, an authentic, memorable brand sets the tone for everything from your daily operations to your long-term growth.
Decker Design leverages decades of experience in the legal, financial services, and nonprofit sectors to help clients establish market leadership. First – drawing on our broad knowledge of today’s legal landscape – we take a deep dive into your firm’s culture to understand what drives clients and potential employees to choose you over the competition. Then, to articulate and convey those qualities, we develop an organizational framework for your firm that includes voice, language, persona, values, and look and feel.
Our services include brand strategy, competitive analysis, positioning reports, website redesigns, brand assets, marketing campaigns, annual reports, and more.
Areas of Expertise
- Financial Services
- Social Impact
We’ve created some of the industry’s most successful branding, digital communication, and recruiting campaigns for market-leading firms.
- For five years, we evolved the brand and communication platforms of an Am Law 50 firm as it embarked on an aggressive growth plan. We were charged with developing positioning strategy, helping the firm integrate the brand platform internally, and communicating the value proposition externally through advertising and other media.
- For a global firm, we developed a North America recruitment program that was one of the most successful in the firm’s history. Working with five international offices, we also led a UX/UI update of the firm’s global website that significantly increased digital traffic.
- For a leading litigation firm, we developed the positioning and branding platforms, designing – among other tools – a distinctive website that reinforces the firm’s leadership and reputation.
- For numerous firms, we developed positioning and branding platforms, managing the execution of distinctive websites that position the firms as market leaders.
While we serve many clients in the legal sector, we have long standing relationships with many legacy clients in financial services, including their related foundations and corporate responsibility work.
Well-versed in the U.S. regulatory environment and international program implementation, we have developed compelling and successful communications for Fortune 100 companies and sector specialist firms.
- For the world’s largest asset manager, we spearheaded design strategy for a new visual marketing system in connection with one of the industry’s most innovative visual programs.
- For a leading provider of retirement plans, we rebranded communications to meet new market challenges and audiences.
- For one of the world’s largest banks, we redesigned all private banking communications across three specialized subdivisions during an eight-year engagement.
Our Leadership Team
Lynda DeckerPresident and Creative Director
Lynda Decker is a multidisciplinary designer whose work encompasses brand strategy and identity, interactive communication, publications, information graphics and design criticism. A native New Yorker, Lynda is a graduate of Syracuse University and School of Visual Arts and holds multiple MFA degrees in design. She...
Lynda Decker is a multidisciplinary designer whose work encompasses brand strategy and identity, interactive communication, publications, information graphics and design criticism. A native New Yorker, Lynda is a graduate of Syracuse University and School of Visual Arts and holds multiple MFA degrees in design. She was fortunate to land her dream job after college working on U&lc for the typographic design legend Herb Lubalin and mentored by Herb’s partner, the typographic genius, Tony DiSpigna. Her love of typography has never waned.
Before founding Decker Design in 1996, she spent ten years in advertising at McCaffrey and McCall, Backer Spielvogel Bates and Wells, Rich Greene where she won every major award including the Clio, the Art Director’s Club, the One Show, Graphis, AIGA, and the Print Regional Annual. Decker Design continues to receive recognition from its peers.
She has served as vice president of the AIGA New York Chapter and is currently the national co-chair of the Women Lead Initiative where she is the driving force behind the Double or Nothing campaign for gender equity in the workplace, in partnership with IBM, Quartz and other leading agencies.
Lynda Decker is supported by a team of designers and account managers. Decker Design is very proud that our leadership team is 80% female against an industry standard of 11%.